Tuesday, April 29, 2008

El Día de Los Niños


El Día de los Niños (Children’s Day), originated in 1925 after the first World Conference for the Well-being of Children and is observed throughout Latin America. It is now adopted by schools and libraries throughout the United States, as April 30 marks a special day to remember and honor the joys and wonders of childhood and acknowledge the importance of books. I remember celebrating April 30 when I was a child, and I think everyone should acknowledge the importance of children in this world. The Latino Institute at the City of Phoenix held their annul Día de los Niños celebration at the Margret T. Hance Park in Central Phoenix today. During my high school years, I would volunteer my entire day to this great event. I think cultural diversity is of great importance in todays society and I love to share and gain knowledge of other cultures. So, in case you were or were not aware of El Día de los Niños ... lets all celebrate our greatest asset tomorrow, the children.

If you would like to learn more about El Dia de los Niños, please visit the National Latino Children's Institute website.


-Elenia : )

1 comment:

Candi said...

Wow, had no idea. Thanks for the new thing I learned today :)