Friday, April 18, 2008

Heart of the City Tour


On Tuesday night I went to an awesome concert: The Heart of the City tour!! Jay-Z and Mary J Blige co-hosted this amazing concert!! I had class until 7:30pm and that was the exact time that the concert was set to begin. I ran back to my room, ate as quickly as possible and left with my friend Aaron as we basically sprinted to the concert. The opening act was The Dream. We arrived just as he began his last song, which was followed by an intermission. Mary J Blige and Jay-Z then came on stage together. The crowd went crazy for these two music legends! Mary J then sang many of here song, which I think I knew pretty much all of them. Jay-Z came on for another hour or so and rocked the crowd. He is astounding performer and had everyone at the US Airways Center on their feet. This is one of the most hype concerts I have ever been to (with Mariah Carey’s concert being my favorite, of course). The most wonderful thing about all of this was that we walked over to the US Airways Center not having to worry about parking! It honestly took us a few minutes and we were there. I love living Downtown where all of these wonderful amenities are within walking distance!

2 comments:

Candi said...

Super Jealous of your FRIEND and you! That would of been amazing to see. Not worrying about parking, wow that will be the day I cry. I need to move downtown. :(

glad you had a great time!

Aaron Stiner said...

Fantastic! Hopefully with light rail and continued in-fill projects Phoenix will grow as an even bigger heart of the whole damn county!