Saturday, September 6, 2008

Local Vendors Anyone?

Last weekend I attended the Phoenix Public Market right up the street from Taylor Place. A few friends got together and decided to go see what it was about. Now, I have lived in Downtown Phoenix going on my third year and I can not believe I had not gone at all. The Market was populated with many other Phoenicians both as vendors and buyers. We walked around for a good hour visiting the various locations. There were things for everyone, ranging from the obvious fresh products such as fruits, vegetables, and breads. There also were candles, organic cleaning products, hand-made jewelry and decorations. I myself bought a religious item that was hand painted by a local artist for a very reasonable price. I also tried cheese made from fresh goat milk, which was a very interesting experience. There were local musicians playing violins in the center of this all. Overall it was a very fresh and new thing for me. I do wish that there were more vendors within the market. I could really see this growing twice its size. I am sure that sooner of later, it will grow even bigger if we support what is currently there. This is for sure a place to check out in Downtown!


(This is what I bought!)



-Elenia :)

2 comments:

Candi said...

this should look great in your dorm room! :) Glad you finally went to the market....cant wait for it to grow.

Amarone said...

I love open air markets! Everyone should check out the market. Did you purchase the art from that gentleman that is always there? His art is fantastic!