Thursday, February 28, 2008

Go Leadership!

During the weekend of February 15-17, all ASU campuses had the opportunity to attend the National Collegiate Leadership Conference 2008 in Tucson. I of course, could not pass up this opportunity so I decided to represent my campus and university at this national event. During this conference I was able to hear from several nationally know speakers and attend workshops among other planned events. I was a great opportunity to network with students and facility from many universities. The lists of workshops that I attended are as follows:

 Diversity, Multiculturalism, Social Justice – What does it mean?
 Get Excited!
 Vision Creation: Harness Your Physical & Emotional Power
 Group + X = Team
 Border Security – Humane Borders
 Conflict Management
 Media That Matters

All of the seminars were inspirational! However the workshops that had the greatest personal impact for me were Vision Creation, Boarder Security - Humane Borders, and Media That Matters. I also attended a dinner with a speech given by Coach Herman Boone who was the inspiration for the movie Remember the Titans (2000). It was great to listen to a speech filled with such motivation and a hint of humor. The 2009 National Collegiate Leadership Conference will be held on February 13-15 at the University of Arizona Campus in Tucson, Arizona. So save the date!


-Elenia : )

1 comment:

Candi said...

It was a lot of fun! Sorry I talk in my sleep! ha ha ha